We’re Looking To Grow Our Team!
We are a small, local (and growing) real estate investment company, seeking a highly organized (and highly awesome) Executive Assistant to help us take things to the next level…
Us, In a Nutshell: If you’ve ever watched, oh, 20 minutes of HGTV over the last year, chances are you’ve seen someone doing what they call “real estate investing”. You know – flip this boat, flippity flop, property mothers, etc. This is sort-of what the practice is about, but not really. These are TV shows with the goal of gaining viewership; consequently the shows tend to ooze drama and intrigue with stuff falling, breaking, making a lot of noise, and in the worst condition. And every sold fixed-up house nets $70,000. This is about 87.3% fiction. The official definition of a Real Estate Investor is someone who invests time, money, or both into the practice of acquiring distressed properties to restore and resell that property. And there are a ton of variations to that description, but you get the idea. No, you do not need to know about this stuff.
Are You and This Job a Perfect Match? Hmmmm… Well very possibly, if this sounds like you…
- You agree – it’s cool to work in a local small biz, and be involved in helping it grow.
- You work awesomely in the office or from home – You’re a self-starter, and the idea of a flexible work arrangement makes you happy.
- You’re self-reliant – you thrive on diligent work and follow instructions well, but also can self-manage much of your own organizational activity, workload and time.
- You’re an action taker and a finisher – great at following-up and following-through to the end of a project or task, without needing someone to check in or watch over your shoulder.
- You’re an admin ninja – no administrative task is too large or too small for you. Bring it!
- You’re conscientious – naturally mindful (even anal) about the details of a thing, and really like things to be done right.
- You’re a checklist person – and tend to be very precise, structured and systematic in how you think and do things.
- You’re not a Debbie Downer* – you’re fun, energetic, positive, a skilled listener, and naturally play well with others.
If this sounds like you, then keep reading and read carefully…
What Will Our Amazing Executive Assistant Do?
You’ll perform administrative duties personally for the operations manager and owner, and anything else we feel might be needed within the organization. At various times, your job will encompass screening, making & returning calls, managing appts and calendars, posting ads online, customer/client interactions, researching solutions to problems, troubleshooting, problem-solving, managing specific projects, and whatever the heck else. If you have an aversion to calling people on the phone and actually making live contact, then this isn’t going to work for either of us.
Simply put, we’re a team, and since we’re a small company, we write many of the rules as we go. This means having the willingness and flexibility to take on other/additional job responsibilities as needed.
Skills Needed? In addition to what’s already been mentioned, you need to…
- Know your way around a computer, the internet and using software in general, and type reasonably fast.
- Be extremely organized, with special attention to detail.
- Be able to adapt and learn new things quickly, thoroughly, and in detail.
- Know how to Google or YouTube anything and everything.
- Have interpersonal skills, and are comfortable talking to and dealing with people – via phone, email, Skype, courier pigeon or whatever, and knowing when to use each communication method.
- Have project coordination experience. If you are given a big administrative project, you need to know how to get it done in a timely fashion.
- You will be given multiple tasks one time only and be expected to see them through to completion without micromanagement. You’ll often be given a desired result and will be responsible for coming up with creative ways of accomplishing it. (In other words, you’re free to get to the end result however you like, without a boss breathing down your neck telling you how to do your job.)
- NOT possess a “victim” mentality – life happens for you, not to you.
- Lastly, and most importantly, you need to be a positive person. Not pretend “positive”, more like you love life even when you’re thrown a curve ball positive.
Just about everything you do will happen through the Internet, email, Skype, mobile phones, etc. So you should be great with that. You will need to meet with/work with the operations manager (in the Waldorf area) typically a few times per week for an in-person meeting, to discuss projects, tasks, etc., however the possibility exists to work from home from time to time. You may also be asked to help run an errand or two at times. As mentioned, hours can be flexible but would range from 3-5 hours per day M-F, during business hours.
Then Pay Attention: If you think this is job is peanut butter and you’re jelly, then please email your resume to Steve at somdhomebuyers dot com along with a 1-2 paragraph explanation of why you’d be an excellent choice for this position. Please keep in mind that I’m not looking for a standard form letter from you – make it personal. Please also include a smiley face in the subject line of the email, like this : -) That’s your first test to see if you are good at following simple directions. Emails submitted without this will be simply discarded since it’s a pretty clear indication of how well you follow instructions (or whether or not you read this entire ad.) And finally, go to https://www.123test.com/disc-personality-test/ – take the DISC test and attach your results to your email.
We look forward to working with you!